Dr. Tri H Nguyen (pronounced “Tree Winn”) is Board Certified in Dermatology and fellowship trained in Mohs surgery. He is nationally recognized for his excellence in surgical dermatology and expertise in skin cancer, Mohs surgery, and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr Nguyen also specializes in Phlebology (treatment of veins & venous diseases) and was elected a Fellow of the American College of Phlebology (FACPh), a recognition of excellence awarded to only 60 physicians in the United States (as of 2016).
Dr Nguyen is a caring, highly dedicated physician: striving to surpass the highest standards in safety, quality, and patient outcomes. He has served as faculty at the Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) and at MD Anderson Cancer Center where he was a Professor of Dermatology and Head and Neck Surgery. At MD Anderson, he created and directed the first successful Mohs Surgery program that is still there today. Dr Nguyen has had extensive training and experience , including:
• 1986-1992: College and Medical School BA-MD Program, University of Missouri-Kansas City (Kansas City, MO).
• 1992-1993: Research- Dermatology Research Fellowship, Department of Dermatology, Emory University (Atlanta, GA).
• 1993-1994: Internship- Internal Medicine, University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).
• 1994-1997: Residency- Dermatology, Harvard Medical School. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).
• 1997-1998: Surgical Fellowship, Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Foundation (Rochester, MN).
• 1998-2003: Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic Foundation (Rochester, MN)
• 2003-2009: Professor, Director of Mohs Surgery program, MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).
• 2009-Present: Texas Surgical Dermatology PA, Northwest Diagnostic Clinic (NWDC, Houston, TX).
As a leading educator, Dr Nguyen has given over 200 lectures nationally and internationally and is a frequently invited speaker. He has trained numerous residents and fellows and is well published, with two medical textbooks: Flaps and Grafts in Dermatologic Surgery (an acclaimed textbook on reconstructive surgery) and Treatment of Leg Veins, which has been translated into four languages. Additionally, he has authored over 50 scientific articles and book chapters.